Call for Proposals Announcement
The Program Committee is now accepting session proposals for the Spring 2016 meeting to be held April 14-16, 2016 in Pittsburgh, PA. The conference theme is Archival Confluence: Connecting Theory and Practice. Please visit the following Google form for more information and to submit session proposals: http://goo.gl/forms/loyQoO1DRR.
Proposals will be accepted until July 10, 2015.
Call for Proposals Announcement
Save the date for June 4th, when you can spend some quality time with other Delaware Valley archivists while getting behind-the-scenes tours of the USS Olympia, the oldest steel warship still afloat in the whole world! You can walk there from Center City via the Walnut Street footbridge, park at the Penn’s Landing lot, or find street parking before crossing I-95 at Walnut or Dock Streets.
The event will feature:
– An introduction to the museum and the Olympia, including an overview of their genealogy project to research former crew members.
– A guided tour of the Olympia, which depending on interest, could include special access to the lower decks and engine room.
– A post-tour gathering for food and socializing (probably pizza and soda). Weather permitting, this will be held outside on the fantail of the ship!
– The event will be free to us and take place after the site closes to the public. In exchange for this, the Independence Seaport Museum is hoping to solicit support from those of us who attend, either with research assistance or help making the information accessible.
– The event will have a cap of 35 people, so an RSVP will be mandatory. To RSVP: http://doodle.com/k7dgd4iw5p9rg4mk
When: Thursday, June 4th. 5:00pm to 7:30pm
Where: The Independence Seaport Museum @ Penns Landing on the Delaware River.
In the grand tradition of our ever-popular Lantern Slide Salon, this year’s Archives Month Philly program will feature a screening of archival films and videos curated by the Archives Month Philly team. Institutions are invited to submit any film or video for consideration, whether it’s already been transferred or is in need of transfer. Through the generosity of organizations including NFL Films, several films and videos will be selected for free transfer services. This is a great opportunity to showcase unique archival content while helping repositories transfer some audiovisual material at the same time!
The Drexel University SAA chapter is cosponsoring a career panel with Delaware Valley Archivists on Wednesday, May 20th at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania. The panel will consist of 5 professional archivists and will be followed by a Q&A session and reception. Refreshments will be served!
This will be a GREAT opportunity to chat with professional archivists, emerging professionals, and students in an informal, casual setting. A formal announcement will be sent out in the coming weeks, but until then, MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Details below:
WHO: All DUSAA and DVAG members
WHAT: DUSAA/DVAG Career Panel
WHERE: Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
WHEN: Wednesday, May 20th, 5:30-8:30 pm
If you know that you’d like to attend, please let us know by RSVPing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please submit any and all questions you’d like answered as part of the panel discussion!
We look forward to seeing you!
(Posted on behalf of Anita Lai, President of DUSAA)